Happy New Year’s Eve!
I have compiled a comprehensive list of interview questions that I was asked during my DCP Spring 2017 phone interview! I completed my application and web-based interview the first day apps were available on August 15th. My interview was scheduled on Friday, August 26th at 10am. It lasted 28 minutes for (including the questions I got to ask her at the end of the call).
The first thing my interviewer did was verify basic information I listed on my initial application to Disney. Some questions included the following:
- Are you a (college grade), (major/minor), at (college)?
- Have you ever worked for the Disney company before?
- Are you familiar with the Disney look? Are you receptive to the Disney look (Do you agree with the rules)?
- Do you have any tattoos?
- Do you have any ear piercings?
- Have you ever lived with roommates before?
- Have you ever faced any conflicts with past roommates? How did you solve the problem?
- Asked for details on my past jobs/volunteering responsibilities listed on my application (babysitting, accounting firm, ticket booth, food pantry).
After basic questions were answered, my interviewer moved right into DCP and role-related questions!
- How will the Disney College Program help you professionally?
- Do you prefer to work with a team or independently?
- Do you prefer working in a slow-paced or fast-paced environment?
- Would you be receptive to working outdoors?
- Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.
- What are your top three roles? (BBB, merchandise, and attractions)
- Have you ever memorized long spiels? (attractions)
- Would you mind being exposed to water? (attractions)
- Are you comfortable getting close to/touching children (hair)? (BBB)
- What if a mother isn’t happy with the way her daughter’s makeover turned out? (BBB)
- How is your multitasking?
Questions I asked her at the end of the interview:
- What is the procedure for registering for Disney VoluntEARS activities during my off-days?
- Would I be eligible to participant in the Disney Exploration Series or any professional development series without receiving college credit (since I just finished my undergraduate degree)?
- If I am not selected for Spring 2017, would I be eligible to apply again for Fall 2017 even though I will have completed my undergraduate degree in December 2016?
My Disney interviewer reminded me that most acceptance offers would be decided in mid-October. Lucky, I received my acceptance email and information on Friday, September 23rd. 🙂
As you can see from the questions above, my interview was not scary! I was so surprised at how straightforward the questions were and how comfortable I was answering her. Practice really helps! To see my tips and tricks in preparation for your phone interview, click here!
Faith, trust, and pixie dust!